Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What or whom do you wish to make peace with?

Give peace a chance...
     It is the first Wednesday of the New Year, and Jamie Ridler prompts us on this Wishcasting day with the following question:  "What or whom do you wish to make peace with?"

     Peace.  Encarta Dictionary defines it as freedom from war; tranquility; mental calm; harmony; peace treaty; law and order... to be calm or silent... to be in a state of friendship and freedom from conflict; in a state of calm and serenity.... to refrain from speaking, or to prevent conflict or violence, to stop or avoid bothering somebody... to bring a disagreement or war to an end; to resolve a disagreement with someone or become resigned to a situation that cannot be changed.


Be calm and Carry on...
      I was tempted to skip this question because seeing it this morning was like a sucker punch.  Each of these definitions brings to mind a person, event, or thing that I would like to apply this wish....  2011 was a year of discord, disharmony, and disagreements for me.

     But I feel that this question arrived this morning for a reason, and it is one I cannot avoid because it is the second time this week that peace has been brought to my attention.

16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
~ 2 Thessalonians 3:16 NIV ~


Magnify your capacity to forgive...

     I want peace in all of my relationships not for what the peace will bring to me, but for the peace it will bring to those caught in the ripples of the conflict...  for those who do not know or need to know what has caused disagreement. 

     I want peace in my heart, and have come to realize that in order to have that, I may have to be resigned to a situation that cannot be changed. 

     And I grieve for the loss of those caught in the ripples.

9 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful wish. Peace can feel like such a loaded word can't it? As you wish for peace in your heart and with those you are in relationship with I wish for you too Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you.
    May 2012 soothe those hurts for you.
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you wish for yourself so i join in wishing for you also. A year of healing old hurts, peace in its widest and deepest sense. Shalom, Namaste, Sego!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Touching in with the shaky and raw energy of our pain can be such a gift. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a bunch of decorated PEACE words and sent then to friends this year. Everyone could use a little more peace in our lives, and our hearts.
    I hope you find yours, Cindi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually when something keeps coming up, especially when it makes us uncomfortable, it's what we need to work through the most. I wish you peace as you work through these tough situations. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful heartfelt post. Thank you for sharing it. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing so openly! And thank you for the beauty filled quote!
    As you wish for your self so I too wish for you as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So heartfelt. A big wish.
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.