Monday, January 9, 2012

RDOs...

"The time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time."
     Every 2nd Monday is my Regular Day Off (RDO) because I'm working an 9/80 schedule.  I love it.  This month, because of the holidays, I have a three day weekend all but the last weekend in January.

     They won't be wasted ... doctor appointments will fill as many days as possible ... car repairs ... all those little annoying things that sometimes can't be done on a Saturday or Sunday.

      Honestly tho... even a day spent kicking back with my husband and dogs isn't a wasted day.  Cold, winter days are spent snuggled in bed watching movies, or in front of the fireplace playing Yahtzee.  When the weather warms up and fish start biting again, we'll spend the day in the boat.  Bertrand Russell had it right when he said "The time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time."

     Sometimes everyone needs just a day to do nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.