Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday in the tunnel...


Rat races
      Yesterday was my last three-day weekend for two weeks.  I got lucky with the holidays in January, and as a result... got spoiled.  Now today I'm back in the rat race... roach race... down in the coal mine until my next three day weekend the 4th-6th.




Just a puppet on a string...
     I'd love to have a job that I loved.  One where I felt respected... valued... and like I was a contributor.  Even coal miners have days when they realize the work they do, while dirty, is something that others can benefit from.  Here... I feel like I'm just going in circles... dancing at the end of someones strings... a puppet to be played.


Swimming with the sharks...
      I've thought about going on that reality entrepreneur show Shark Tank to pitch the opening chapter of Trooper's Run.  It was actually a business plan of mine when I was working on my MBA thesis back in the day of imagination and immortality.  But not knowing how to find financial backers... it just faded into a stack of papers until I started writing books to purge my inner demons.


Maze runners...
      In this economy, it is almost better to be self-employed than to be one of the maze runners.  The job security isn't there anymore with traditional jobs... or even with non-traditional or government jobs.  At least the fifty cents you earn an hour will be earned honestly, doing something you love.

     We all want to be motivated to work... and not just to pay bills and get by.  I want to work to live... not live to work.  I want to be fulfilled by what I do, not be buried by it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.