Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What do I wish people knew about me?

     Jamie Ridler's prompt for this Wishcasting Wednesday ties in once again to where I am working with my Living a Mind-full Year blog.

      My wish is not so much for what I want others to know about me, but for what I want to know (remember?) about myself.

      I lost myself somewhere.  In-between losing my house and savings and moving away from what had been my home for ten years, I lost who I was.  I lost my confidence, my security, and the knowledge that I could be anything I set my mind to... I got lost.

      Like the Tootles character in Robin Williams' Hook I feel like I've lost my marbles.

      I'm not sure if it is the current health issues I'm dealing with or just stress from a job I wish I had never taken, but there are days when I feel like things would be so much better if I just didn't have to play the games anymore.

      I want to remember (to know) how much I used to love life.  How much I enjoy watching sunrises and sunsets.  The feeling of the sun on my face, the wind in my hair, and the smell of the rain.  The sense of security I feel in the arms of my husband, the strength I feel when my soul-dog Trooper leans into me, the laughter when my pug Henry draws back and showers me with sugar boogers.

      I want to remember (know) how to fly again... I want to find my marbles... and that is what I want people to know about me... that I am back in my happy place.

     As I wish for myself, so I also wish for you....

20 comments:

  1. It is such a horrible feeling, being lost. I had to literally move to re-find my Happy Place, and it's so good to be here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to move soon. I've been applying for other jobs almost since I moved here. One day I will have my marbles again. ;}

      Delete
    2. May your marbles all return to you in a steady stream of gorgeously coloured glass swirls, Cindi; and may the doors to your happy place open up and welcome you in once again.

      As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you.

      Blessings - TANJA

      Delete
  2. Oh Cindi I love how you turned the prompt around, so beautifully written too!
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so heartfelt... thank you for sharing. ((hugs))
    Remembering such beautiful things in life, what a lovely thought.
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going through something similar. You should check out www.bravegirlsclub.com. They have daily truths that are very inspirational. I hope things get better for you.

    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you find and enjoy your happy place once again.
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you wish so I wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this wish. As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw Cindi (((hugs))) As you wish for yourself dear one, so do I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindi, I think my marbles may be lost with yours. :-) It's such a hopeless feeling isn't it? I wish for you to work through your struggles. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too! I could relate so much to this post as I moved from my hometown after 30 years and felt exactly the way you do/did. Got myself into a deep depression over it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Cindy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are where you are, right there all the time, not lost at all. I am wishing you can remember, sink deeply into that knowing, that faith. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea how to answer this week's wish until coming upon yours. I wish I still knew things about myself I used to know as well. Thank you so much for the inspiration. It's just what I needed this week. I wish for you to remember what you need to about yourself as well as for me.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cindi and you wish for your self I too wish for u.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  16. As you wish for yourself, i wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cindi,
    I hope you get yourself back soon… One step at a time. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too.
    Cheers from Bordeaux, FR.
    Sab.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wish I had the words you long to hear. Until I find them, {hugs}
    As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.