Sunday, March 25, 2012

Be strong and courageous...

     Church this morning held a powerful message for me.  While I don't think that Pastor Angel wrote the message "just" for me, I do believe that his words and choice of scriptures [Joshua 1:6-9; Psalm 42:11; Psalm 43:5; Hebrews 10:19-25; Acts 14:21-23; 1 Corinthians 9:24-25; James 1:2-4] were not a coincidence... any more than I believe his knock at the door last Monday night was a coincidence.

     I'm one of those who believes that ALL things happen for a reason.  That our lives are intricately designed for higher purposes and the people who come and go in our life, places we travel to, things we experience... the good, the bad, and even the ugly... all work together to make us into the person we are called to be.

6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
7Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 
8 "Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 
9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
~ Joshua 1:6-9 ~

Be strong and courageous.  Be strong and very courageous.  Be strong and courageous.

     This message was so important that it was said three times in the same chapter.  We were then told to not be afraid... to not be discouraged.

    When we face trials... tribulations... challenges... pain... losses... it can be so easy to become afraid and so easy to get discouraged.  To just say "I didn't realize it was going to be THIS hard. I don't know if I can do this. How am I supposed to keep my faith when I'm under attack, when the night is darkest, when everything seems to be going wrong."

    We can't imagine facing those times with "pure joy" and the last thing we want to hear is that we might face many hardships, trials, and tribulations before we finally get Home.

     But we know how the story ends, and we know that when we do get Home, we will never have to want for anything... or anyone.  There will be more love for us than we could ever hope to experience in a lifetime.  In a thousand lifetimes.  Because that is His promise to us.  That He will be with us wherever we go, that we will never lack for anything... and all we have to do...

     ... is be strong and courageous... do not be afraid... do not be discouraged.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Cindi..it's a great reminder for all of us.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.