Friday, March 23, 2012

Five on Friday... Click-Clack

     It has been a roller coaster ride this week, so I'm dragging out the rose colored glasses again and putting things into perspective... *Maxabella loves... is blogging on being grateful for still being able to rock the school yard in her glam girl heels.  Yeah, I'm envious...

Monday...  A horrendous thunderstorm lasted all night, which managed to make up for the drought last year.  Big dog (scared of thunder) kept waking me up all night to open the spare bedrooms doors, front, back and inside garage doors because he was convinced there was someone in the house.  He's such a good dog.  Click-clack... the sound of Trooper's nails on the floor as he paces from door-to-door trying to bravely protect me from the thunder.  My big baby, God, I love that dog.

Tuesday... Both dogs have decided that it will be okay for them to take up most of the bed at night when they sleep.  Thankfully, my night sweats make it convenient for me to hang my butt out from under the little bit of comforter that they leave me.  Another plus... glow juice is not toxic and washes out.  It's a good thing.  Click-clack... the sound of me trying to switch the lights on when there is an obvious power-out issue going on.  Oh well, it doesn't hurt to try, does it?  The sound is also of me opening and closing drawers in the pitch black trying to find matches, a lighter, flashlight... anything to bring light into the darkness.  Damn!  There's the chair by the hall... oh my toes.  I'm so grateful for glow-in-the-dark paint, key fob flashlights... and neighbors.

Wednesday... the normally dry creek bed near the house remains a river even this afternoon and it hasn't rained since yesterday morning.  I attempted to give a 60-day notice to the landlord, but they said unless I found another renter, I'd still be responsible for the rent until September... fortunately, I may have someone else to rent the house.  Click-clack... the sound of the tires on my co-worker's car as we drive to work this morning on the overpass.  I'm so grateful for these people willing to go out of their way to help me.

okay... might need to dust a little...
Thursday... imagine a world with no internet... no email... and you've imagined what today was like at work.  It was actually pretty nice, and while I didn't get some things accomplished, I was able to start inventory on the files in my cube and get them sorted for closeout or working issues.  Click-clack... the sound of the keys on the keyboard tonight when I get home from work... ahhhhhhh... internet fix....  mmmmmm.... yes, I survived and can reconnect with the world again.  Hello, friends...

Friday... missed-communication allows me to tend to myself this morning as the stress of the week has rolled into an unpleasant physical ailment.  Some days it can be a good thing to just take some much needed time to stop and think about what I want.... because right now everything has just come crashing down around me.  Click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... the sound of the roller coaster in my brain going along the rails, around and around in circles... fast... slow... angry... sad... I'm grateful for the awareness of my emotions and the fact that I do have options...

3 comments:

  1. Click-clack!

    Sometimes I wish really hard that the Internet would go away for a month or two so we can all get on with our lives. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Imagine life without the internet. I still remember such a time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's probably not bad to have that at work every now and then, just so that everyone has an excuse for a break.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.