Friday, March 30, 2012

High Fives Friday ~ Chit Chat

Monday ~ Co-workers continue to humble me as they go out of their way to get me to and from work.  I'm grateful for them and the fellowship.  It was not a good day at work, but just being able to vent safely has been a blessing.  I'm so glad I got in the habit of talking to Mom every night.  We both miss it when we don't get to chit chat.  Even when we are just talking about the weather... I feel blessed to be able to listen to her voice.

Tuesday ~ An answered prayer earlier this after noon that I blogged about Tuesday, and today's doctor appointment left me waiting for yet another biopsy result.  Grateful for the church pastor and one of the members who went out of their way to take me to the appointment.  I tried not to be offended this afternoon when the doctor asked me if I could 'listen down there' while he was examining me.  Hello?  Does that part of my body look like it has ears?  We'd been chit-chatting for about fifteen minutes by then... that awkward chatter you make when you are half-naked in a room of strangers.  He should be grateful that part doesn't have teeth or I'd have snapped his fingers off for such a chauvinistic comment.

Wednesday ~ Rain this afternoon.  Everyone is complaining, but I love it.  Love walking in it and feeling it on my face.  The weeds in the yard apparently love it also... some are taller than Henry!  Must find someone to cut the grass...  I've not been able to connect with my husband tonight because of phone troubles.  I miss talking to him.  I miss him.  The voice mail is working, however, and so tonight I've called just to hear his voice.  I'm so glad that I found my soulmate at this time in my life.

Thursday ~ Thank God for friends (like Maureen) who give good hugs.  This week is dragging and it seems like every day there is another problem or fear to battle.  I just can't wait to get back to the beach again.  To be back home.  There will be people I miss talking to when I leave here... like Maureen... whose beautiful daughter has been receiving a lot of my cat clutter as I've tried to downsize the amount of 'stuff' I take back to Florida with me.  To hear Maureen talk about her, I know that she has been blessed.  There are times I wish I had children... but for now, just grateful for my steps... and my dogs.

Friday ~ It is Friday.  Need I say more?  I think some of the furniture has been sold.  Not as much as I want, and not for as much as I need, but every little bit counts right now.  I briefly talked to David last night.  He said my cat, Oreo, sits under the truck... waiting for me.  I can't wait to get home to talk to him again... oh yeah, and David too.  ;p

      I am linking with * Maxabella loves... today for her 52 Weeks of Grateful.  I love reading her chit chat and connecting with 'down under' bloggers.

4 comments:

  1. I love the weekly summary...great way to post. I might have to try that sometime!!

    I can relate to Wednesday in particular; I love the rain. I always feel calmer and more centered on rainy days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that even tho I am a Taurus... I am a water child. I always seem to be happier near the water or in the rain. The past 18 months in this desert have been hell for me. Even my tattoo of a 'land locked mermaid' is dry!

      Delete
  2. A good hug cures all, Cindi. You're lucky to have a friend ready to give them freely!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found some pretty remarkable people here... Maureen is one of the best.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.