Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mini Rave...

     The power went out Tuesday night at my house.

     Right after some unfamiliar teen came to the door and kept repeating "Cola?"  "Cola?"  "Cola?"

     No thanks, I'm a Pepsi person.

     So when the power went out I got a little paranoid.

     I know where all my candles are.  But could not find a lighter in the dark at all.  Nor could I find any flashlights at first [finally remembered I had a small keychain one in my purse].  I dug through the bag I took fishing with us for a stashed lighter.  It never failed that we would be out on the boat and David would realize he'd left his lighter in the truck.  But apparently... he had found it. 

     What I did find was one of those emergency glow sticks that you snap and shake.

     So while I was on the phone trying to get a hold of the electric company, peeking out the blinds to see if the rest of the neighbors had power, listening to see if Cola Boy was lurking about, I was trying to get the glow stick to work.

     Bend.  Snap.  Shake.
     Bend.  Snap.  Pop.

Shake it all about...
     And glow paint sprayed all over myself and the kitchen.

     When my laughter subsided, the barking big dog and I took my glowing, raving self and went over to the neighbors to bum a lighter where I found out that it was a blown transformer affecting the entire block.

     I'm sure they thought I was having some wild party.

     On those days when it seems like nothing can go right... even the wrong thing to happen can remind me that laughter cures everything.

     Rave anyone?

3 comments:

  1. <<When my laughter subsided, the barking big dog and I took my glowing, raving self and went over to the neighbors to bum a lighter where I found out ....transformer was blown"

    I am tired. I swear, I read "I took my glowing, raving self and went over the neighborhood to bum a lighter when where I found out I'd blown the tranformer. Perhaps, your glow blew Whoops, I reread a sentence that made alot of sense the second time around. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - yes, that would have been the talk of the 'hood if I'd blown the transformer while glowing and raving! LOL

      Delete
  2. Isn't is nice to be able no matter what to see the lighter side of things :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.