Friday, March 9, 2012

Open Mic Night...

     I'm linking up with Eden's Fresh Horses Brigade this evening and she is in need of words for a fictional birthday party open mic shot.  She has talked about turning the big four-oh soon, and I suspect that the birthday party isn't so fictional after all.

     In about a month and a half, I'll turn the big five-oh, and have been putting a lot of thought into my life so far and what I want the next half of my life to be like.  I commented on a friend's blog that I'm looking at this "season" of my life as being my midsummer.  Not my fall or autumn, but still summer.

     One of my favorite quotes is from Albert Camus... "In the midst of winter, I finally learned, that there was within me an invincible summer."

     I feel as if the first fifty years have been my winter, and I am just now coming into my own... to being the person I've always wanted to be.  "It's never to late to grow up and be the person you were meant to be."  I know that Eden has had her fair share of dark, winter days in her life, and so hope that this too will be her midsummer.

     Welcome to your summer, Eden... the best is yet to come...

"O, when she's angry, she is keen and shrewd!
She was a vixen when she went to school;
And though she be but little, she is fierce."
~ William Shakespeare ~
A Midsummer Night's Dream

10 comments:

  1. GOD I love The Bard. and this was a gorgeous post, Cindi. Shine on. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. There's nothing like a good Summer to shed the Winter skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Shakespeare quote! Sums up Ms. Eden perfectly, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images you have chosen to highlight your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly beautiful. I am a bit disturbed about the concept of fifty being only half way though. I do not want to be any more (well not much more) disabled than I am. If 100 could be healthy in body and mind, yup, count me in. Otherwise I don't want to play. I don't have an end date in sight, but those are my prerequisites to continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain. Really. I can't imagine being 60, 70, or 100 and waking up as achy and sore as I am now at 50. I'm hoping that science will find a way to transplant my brain into a clone or something that will keep me perpetually 18 by the time I get to 51.

      Delete
  6. Love Bill Shakespeare. great choice of words for the Wild Horses post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Camus quote. It's simple yet so true and inspiring. It makes me think about how I feel summer buzzing about inside even when the mirror shows signs of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quotes.. especially the Camus one. It's NEVER too late to be the person you were meant to be - now that's going to stay with me. Lovely post, Cindi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.

    Your words just blew me away ... I have LOVED that Camus quote for ages, but haven't though of it in a while! And I love the Bard one. And I love what you wrote about turning fifty.

    Thanks, Cindi XXXX

    PS I really didn't have a party - cancelled it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.