Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sunday Selections...

     Linking up with Kim at Frog Ponds Rock!  We all take a lot of photos and most of them just sit around in folders not doing anything. She created a meme to share them, so check out her page and join in the fun.

     I became intrigued with doors when I was on my Rhine River cruise in 2007.  I took more pictures in 2008 on the Danube, but my dream project was to take pictures of some of the beautiful Southern doors I saw in Florida.  That will have to be a future project...







7 comments:

  1. How amazing. truly beautiful. They are incredible doors but somehow not welcoming. I can't imagine any of them on someone's home, no matter how big. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The detail in those doors is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something a little bit magical about doors ... I always daydream about what lies behind them. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Doors like the third one always send me off into a ceramic daydream and I wonder about large platters with deep layered curves, like the arch of that door. I have sat here for ages looking at your photos and having quite wonderful daydreams. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love taking pictures of doorways. My favorites are the iron doors with the srches and the wrought iron gate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love beautiful old doors and gates like these. Mnay modern doors that are just a rectangle with no colour or ornamentation, not even a pretty knob or handle, just do nothing at all for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the architectural elements of some doors and love what you've found.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.