Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What do you wish for your future?

     Jamie Ridler prompts us this Wishcasting Wednesday morning with a question that has been heavy on my mind for quite a while now.  She always seems to have a knack for doing that.

     Yesterday, someone at work asked me what I was going to say for my going-away shindig at work.  I had originally decided that I didn't want to have any sort of going away party because I really didn't want to have to smile politely at all the nice things being said by people I knew didn't really think them or believe them.  I didn't want to have to choke back the bile on office politics.

     But then I changed my mind ~ less for myself and more for the handful of people I will truly miss.  So my co-worker was convinced I had something to say that will shake things up. 

     Some of them asked if they could have one of my "balls" when I left because of how I worded my resignation letter (yes, I was polite, professional  and politically correct).  So I've been handing out ping-pong ball eyes.  I am, afterall, Ciclops.

     I hadn't planned on a speech, but now I guess I'll have to think of something witty with a thinly disguised message.  I'll post it the afternoon of my going away shindig to share it with you.  I think it actually came out quite well.... considering.

     Lately I've been thinking of all those stories I've read of people who wake up one morning and realize they've hit a wall in life.  Corporate politics no longer thrills them.  They feel empty, unfulfilled, dissatisfied.  So they walk away from it all and start life over. 

     Or actually... they start living the life they were meant to live.  They pursue dream jobs, volunteer, start businesses.  They wake up looking forward to the day ahead, rather than counting down how many more hours until they are home again, and how many more days until the weekend.  They feel fulfilled, satisfied, and happy.

     My wish for my future is really also a wish for all of the people I work with now, and ... all of you.  My wish is to be happy... to be fulfilled... to be satisfied with my contribution to the world and to know that it is a lasting one.  I don't need medals, awards or monuments of stone or bronze.  But to know that one person, just one, was helped or changed by my words... that makes all the difference.

17 comments:

  1. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! (I did the same thing a couple of years ago) I wish you all the best! How exciting!
    As you wish for yourself (and all of us), I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I spend much of my time counting down till the weekend. Not a great way to live. Good luck to you as you take this HUGE step forward in your life. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so love to do this. Like Amanda St. Clair, I also spend most of my time counting down to the weekend. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful wish - to make a difference! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May the next chapter in your life be filled all manner of wonderful things. As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you wish so I wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Cindi...your words helped me today!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very big wish. As you wish I am wishing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful wish, a very big wish!

    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you wish I wish for you also

    ReplyDelete
  13. As you wish for yourself, so I too wish for you as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well. :]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too.
    Cheers from France.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.