i started doing this list with emily p freeman, who last did it in may, and not since due to travel to italy, summer family and quiet times. i hope that she starts doing it again because i always like to learn, and especially from someone whose books i have read and learned from.
- no matter the cost, sometimes you just have to splurge on fresh cherries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries from the grocery store because if you are going to splurge on something, it should be something good for you ... and because the deer like to eat the ones growing in the garden.
- taking a different way home doesn't mean that you are lost, it means that you are an adventurer exploring new roads.
- when you do not have any cameras in the car, you will see a doe and her still freckled fawn. when you have a camera, you will never see her again. it is known as the photographer's murphy's law.
- if you have three beautiful sunny days, and put laundry out on the line the fourth day, even when there are no clouds in the sky, it will rain. this weather anomaly is also known to happen when you wash your car or have a perfect hair day without an umbrella. (and the sun will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun) (now see if you can get THAT song out of your head!)
- there are no jobs that are "beneath" you when you don't have a job and need one. because even when you take an entry level cashier position, and you have an MBA there will be things you can learn ... about yourself and others.
- there really are some things that are better left unsaid. when listening to someone talk, focus on their words to really hear what they are saying, not just how they are sounding. before you respond, think how you would feel if someone said the words you are about to say to you. if you wouldn't appreciate it, chances are the person you are listening to wouldn't either.